About Me

My photo
Barrie, ON, Canada
Just Your Average Girl. Working To Make A Difference. Trying To Be True To Herself. Living Life With Laughter && Love. Never Giving Up. Being Hopeful. && Always Believing In A Brighter && More Beautiful Future. ♥

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Happiness :)

Happiness...one word, yet has so much power behind it. I think we as people underestimate the power of happiness; what it can do for us. Happiness is the feeling we get when were lifted from the ground. When were made to feel on top of the world. When all that we hoped for is coming to us, straightening itself, and falling in line. I know that happiness can be hard to obtain for ourselves, and others around us yet it is something so wonderful that I think most people at least strive their very hardest to reach it. I know that at times it has seemed so far from me, that no matter what I did, and how far I stretched I would never be able to grasp it. Yet here I am sitting at school, and listening to music, and all I want to do is smile for I have not only grasped happiness with both hands, but i have wrapped it around myself like a blanket on a cold winters night. It keeps me warm when people have left me feeling cold. Happiness...so simple yet so profound. We can all see it in the littlest of things like a flower opening on the first of spring, to the biggest things like that of a mothers smile when she first see's her newborn baby. We take happiness for granted letting it drift away when we should drift with it. I let it go once, but this time I won't. I know it might slip from my shoulders a time or two more but the thing about blankets, like happiness, is that once it slips you can always grab it back up again. And like a blanket when it becomes over washed and made supple, and ragged from the hold we have on it we can stitch it back together to make it whole again. If worst comes to worse we can let that happiness go, and grasp new happiness. One things for sure, happiness is never forgettable never irreplaceable. We have only to hold it close on those long days, and cold nights. So do yourself a favor and find your blanket of happiness to keep you warm, and feeling bright like the sun that shines down on us. Better yet share some of that happiness with someone close while they look for there own. Happiness is something we can share, so share it! Be happy, and shine brighter than you ever thought possible, and help others to shine to for we can all be happy, even if it's only for those brief moments when we have those brighter instances. I share with you...my blanket of happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment